Thursday, July 26, 2012

Panic Prevented

A few days ago I recieved a facebook message from a high school classmate. I hadn't heard from her in many years but she had heard about dad passing away. She shared a story with me from when she was a little girl. She wrote, " I think you know that I was at the rink a lot when I was younger. Your dad was always so kind to me. Early one morning I got there before all of the other girls and I went into the locker room to get ready... well, the door locked and I was stuck. I cried and screamed to no avail. I actually started freaking out and throwing my body against the wall. And after a while (I'm sure it was just a few minutes) but I was really scared... your dad came and opened the door, comforted me and sent me on the ice. He was a great, very kind man."

It amazes me all of the small things dad did to help other people out.

No comments: