Saturday, February 23, 2013

Up North at the Cabin

Erik is pining away for a little cabin time. Every day he wakes up and says, "Let's go see Grandma Susie at the cabin." Tonight we read his favorite "Up North at the Cabin". He looked at the picture of the grandpa in the boat and said, "There's grandpa Myles." Here's my own version of Up North at the Cabin. Up North at the Cabin the walleye are always biting and my dad is always with me in the rumble of the Coon Truck, the sweetness of the pure maple syrup and in the middle boat seat my dad is always with me Up North at the Cabin the walleye are always biting and my dad is always with me in the "Folsom Prison Blues" sung round the camp fire, the neon lights from the juke box, and the Scrabble dice box my dad is always with me.

No comments: