Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Apple Blossoms

Today I looked at the apple tree that dad helped us pick out. Last year we had four or five blossoms and this year we are up to ten. The tree reminded me of dad and how each day there are more and more "Mylesisms" that are just part of the way I experience the world. Last night Ellie said, "Mom, doesn't my hair feel soft?" I could just hear dad saying, "Nice hair.... for a dog." This morning I drove to work and saw someone up in a bucket truck trimming branches. I can't see a bucket truck without thinking of my dad and wanting to offer all those workers a cup of coffee. The tornado in Ohio....hiding out in the basement during bad weather with dad. Filling on gas at Kwik Trip....how much dad loved their produce prices. The list goes on and on. The beautiful part is that all of the little things I do each day are filled with memories of my dad.

No comments: