Monday, August 13, 2012

Apples

As I pull out of my driveway each morning I catch a glimpse of the apples on our apple tree. Dad helped us pick out that tree last year and he was certain we'd get apples this summer. Neither Steve or I believed him. We thought it would take at least a couple of years but here they are. Beautiful honey crisp apples...a sign that my dad is watching out for us and all of the seeds that he planted while he was alive are blossoming. The other sign is that his grandson Erik has picked up his dance moves complete with his one armed fist pump. Dad is alive in each of us in a different way and I am grateful for that today.

2 comments:

Jordan Journal said...

Enjoying your blog even more. My dad passed away last Thursday. Although the weekend was very hard I see him in many of his grandchildren.

Unknown said...

I just read this comment and I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I know our dads were similar in many ways....fishing being just one of them. How are you holding up?