Saturday, August 25, 2012

Dear Dad

Dear Dad,
It's that time of year...back to school. The kids' closets are full of new clothes (you can guess who bought most of them) and their backpacks are filled with school supplies. Erik's been back to daycare for a week and is slowly adjusting. If you were alive I know we'd be talking on the phone about my next week's schedule. You'd say, "What's your next week looking like?" and we'd chat about the superintendent's welcome, my workshop in Dover/Eyota on Tuesday, and the meet the teacher day on Wednesday. Then you'd say, "Let me talk to Steve-o" and you'd want to hear about Steve's big plans for the first week.

It's hard to believe life keeps going on without you, dad. It's definitely not the same and we all go through our days with a hole in our hearts thinking of you and the fun you'd be having getting ready for deer hunting and your favorite season, autumn. I'm keeping you close in my thoughts. Missing you today and every day,

Love, Heather

No comments: