Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Blue Moon Moments

It's not often that I'm inspired by the Smurfs but this happened tonight. I was riding in the back of the van on the way back from the Hubbel House and the kids were watching the Smurfs movie. In one part of the movie they talk about "blue moon" moments....those moments that are so special and magical that they change everything. I was lucky enough to have many blue moon moments in my life with my dad. These are a few of the best: 1. Fishing on Elk Lake on a beautiful early summer day. It was sunny and peaceful and we both felt like swimming so we just jumped in. 2. Falling asleep after snuggling and hearing yet another great Speerno story. 3. Coming home after calling off my wedding and knowing that my dad would understand and help me sort things out. 4. Giving birth to my first daughter and sharing the diaper changing duty with my dad. 5. Learning how to appreciate the beauty of a lake at 5 am

No comments: