Friday, November 9, 2012

Country Music Hall of Fame

Yesterday I spent a few hours at the country music hall of fame in Nashville. From the moment I stepped in the building I kept thinking about how much dad would have loved it. The Patsy Cline exhibit was fantastic and hearing her recordings made me think of dad's favorite song of hers....Crazy. He also liked Walking after Midnight. Seeing Tammy Wynette and George Jones' costumes took me back to the days when mom and dad would play their records and we'd all sing along. The Heehaw exhibit reminded me of fun family nights spent watching Heehaw and eating buttered popcorn. I know you were with me,dad, as I listened to all of those old tunes and thought about how country music was always a consistent thread in our lives. PS...I looked for Bobby Bare but I don't think he is a member of the Hall of Fame yet.

No comments: