Monday, July 9, 2012

The Summer Trip

It's vaction time around here and our house is in an uproar with preparations for our trip out east. We've got IPADS and IPODS charging, camera batteries being replaced and stuffed animals being shoved into carry-on bags. This all makes me think about preparations for our summer vacations as a kid. Most of our vacations were taken via either the gold or red toyota corolla. ( Mom and dad liked the car so much we got two of them in various colors). I remember one particular trip, I think we may have been going to South Dakota, my sister Myndy and I drew a chalk line down the backseat to keep the peace before we even made it out of the driveway. In case you're wondering this was not successful. I don't remember us bringing much besides a few barbies and a book or two. Dad was always the best at the car games... he always beat us at horses and graveyards and was also the first one to spot any wildlife along the way. Dad taught me that the journey was sometimes more fun than the destination. I need to remember this tomorrow while flying cross-country with a 20 month old.

No comments: