Saturday, July 21, 2012

Vacation with Kids!

We returned home today from our eleven day trek to Maine and Boston. It was an awesome eleven days but it is great to be home! As we schlepped our kids from place to place I had a few moments where I thought, "This would be so much easier if we'd left our kids at home" but I was struck by all of the great memories I have as a kid on family vacations. It might have been Mount Rushmore, camping at Itasca or watersliding at the Windsor Park Inn in Winnipeg but wherever we went we all went as a family. I hope my kids have some of the same memories of great trips together. We may have missed out on the romantic candlelit dinner in Bar Harbor ( we were actually taking shifts chasing Erik around the restaurant) but our kids will remember playing in the tide pools, climbing bubble rock, and eating at Duncan Donuts. I have both my parents to thank for the great tradition of the family vacation.

No comments: