Monday, October 22, 2012

Birthday Boy

Dear Dad, Today we celebrated Erik's second birthday. It's hard to believe he is already two. Remember the day I had him? You and mom got there a little later because you promised you'd help people get their docks in and you didn't want to leave them in the lurch. Mom bought him a Mickey Mouse farm set and tractor and trailer. He loves it and carries Mickey and Minnie around with him. His favorite phrases are,"Sit here" and "Oh my gosh". We missed you as we sat around the table tonight and sang the birthday song and watched Erik blow out his candles. I know your presence was there, though, and all of my memories of happy birthdays paved the way for these celebrations. In so many ways you taught me what being a good parent looks like.

1 comment:

Jordan Journal said...

The "Oh my gosh" phrase must run deep in your family!! Oh my gosh, Anna says it all the time!! Too cute.