Monday, October 29, 2012

Trick or Treat

I am spending a few quiet minutes tonight planning the Halloween party that we always have for our playgroup friends on Halloween night. As I was perusing the recipes for bloody eyeballs and spooky snack mixes I thought back to my own Halloween nights as a kid. Because we lived out in the country our trick or treaters were few and far between. There was no walking from house to house for us either. Instead we drove around the neighborhood stopping at Tiemans, Sanders, and Korpatnicki's. Our favorite stop was always Alice Lendobeja's house. She'd scold her old dog Pepper to be quiet and she'd always have giant cups filled with candy for us. Other memorable stops were Mabel and Adam's. Mabel would always try and scare us by saying,"Hello, little Spooks." Mom and dad would patiently wait for us to get back to the car at each stop. I bet we were the only ones who burned up an entire tank of gas trick or treating!

No comments: