Friday, June 8, 2012

Camping Adventure

Today's story takes me back to one of the first memories I have of tent camping. This was before we built the cabin and dad decided we needed to do some camping at Itasca State Park. I was in third or fourth grade and I was allowed to bring my friend Jodi. We had a great day playing outside, making s'mores and telling ghost stories. We settled into the kids' tent and mom and dad were in their tent. About three in the morning I woke up to my mom whispering,
" Myles, I hear something outside the tent. Wake up!" It turns out there was a raccoon that had smelled the food in their tent and had climbed the tent poles to see if it could get inside. Mom sent dad outside to shoo him away from their campsite and I know she didn't sleep a wink the rest of the night. It was shortly after this camping trip that mom and dad bought the lot on Upper Bottle and started plans for a cabin. I wonder if there was a connection?

No comments: