Sunday, June 17, 2012

Myles Jr.

We spent this weekend at the cabin doing what my dad would have loved...enjoying the lake and each other. There were many moments this weekend that I was struck by how similar my sister Katy is to my dad. First, when we arrived she and mom and undertaken a number of projects. They washed windows, planted flowers, and pulled some weeds. As you've read in other blog posts my dad had one speed and it was lightening fast! Katy is the same way. If she thinks of a project it will be done start to finish in a matter of hours. Katy and my dad are also always helping someone out. Mom told me a story about an incident that happened at the Chinese restaurant in Park Rapids on Friday. Katy and mom wanted to eat there because it was one of dad's favorite places. They sat down and couldn't help but hear this young man at a neighboring table talking to his friend about how excited he was that he had a job that was going to pay $8 dollars an hour. The best part,he said, was that they needed him for three whole hours. When he went up to pay he was short two dollars. Katy noticed and gave him the money he was short. My dad would have totally done the same thing...and would have probably tried to round him up to do a little work at the cabin so he could help him out a bit more.

I am so proud to think that my dad's characteristics are alive in all of us. We miss you more than we can express, dad, but we know you are alive in all of us.

No comments: