Monday, June 11, 2012

Clean Floor Fury

Ah! It's summer time. As I took a walk in my neighborhood tonight I witnessed at least three baseball games. Steve, Butch, and the girls are headed to see the Twins play tomorrow and all of these things made me think of a baseball game played in our yard with my dad. We were well into the game and it was a tie in the seventh inning. Dad got smucked by a fly ball and ran into the house to get a rag to stop the blood. The minute he walked into the house he heard, "Myles, quit tracking on my clean floor. I spent all afternoon washing the floor and now you are tracking in with your muddy shoes." Poor dad stood in the entry dripping blood. He never did let mom forget about that moment. Friends, neighbors, people on the street....he'd stop them and say, "Did I tell you about the time I was dripping blood in our entryway?"

1 comment:

Jordan Journal said...

Too funny! My dad once came in after having a chain saw kick back and cut him right above the eye. He stood there, dripping, arguing with my mom about having to go to the doctor and was trying to convince her to just get her sewing bag and "throw a stich or two in it". Your blog makes me remember my life as a kid and I thank you for that.