Friday, June 22, 2012

Roof Rack

My dad loved a project! If there was even a hint dropped of something one of us needed he was all over it. Today's story is about the roof rack on our Honda. Steve had made an off-hand comment that he wanted a roof rack sometime to help us haul our kayaks around. We were gone for a day and the van was parked at the lake cabin. Dad took that as a green light to find a roof rack and retrofit it on the roof of the van. You should know that Steve specifically said it the roof rack needed to be from a 2010 Honda. Well, dad found something close at the junk yard and then figured he could make it work. After about five hours of hard labor (enlisting Jason as hard labor in the ninety degree heat) the roof rack was complete. If you see me driving around town, check out my fabulous roof rack and think of the great dad that put it there. I know I will!

No comments: