Saturday, April 28, 2012

The 4 am toe tug

I have spent the last few days at the cabin with my mom.  It has been a hard two days because this place is just filled with my dad.  One of the things I thought about this morning was the 4 am toe tug.  Here's what would happen;  If you were interested in fishing in the morning you had to let dad know.  He'd sneak up the stairs and pull on your toe to let you know it was time.  You had about 3.3 seconds to get up or you'd be left behind.  If you successfully made it out of bed you'd soon find yourself in the legendary coon truck and heading to *Potato* Lake.  ( Ok, we never really fished Potato but I can't disclose the good fishing spot to all of you.)  You'd listen to Bobby Bare and if you were lucky you'd be reeling in a walleye within about ten minutes.  Ok, let's be honest.  You didn't need luck if you had dad as your guide. 

I missed your 4 am toe tug this morning dad but I promise we'll be out on *Potato* soon slaying those walleye.

No comments: