Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Trick or Treat

My dad was a huge practical jokester.  Today I'll share just one of his famous pranks.  I think my cousins were about 5 and 7 at the time. 

We'd just learned that my cousins, Michael and David Olson, were coming for a visit.  This was cause for great celebration!  My sisters and I had big plans.  We'd subject them to barbie doll fashion shows, teach them the Olson "pig dance" and more.  Dad had plans up his sleeve too.  He decided that he and my mom should put on Halloween masks to scare the kids into thinking their Minnesota relatives were monsters.  It worked a little too well.  The kids came up the steps and David and Michael both burst into tears.  It took the better part of a week to convince them that their aunt and uncle were, in fact, human...but a little strange!

4 comments:

ole said...

I remember it well. My boys are still not the same!

Ken Larson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
RoseCovered Glasses said...

I was the victim of the Myles Mask trick when visiting as well. I am sure you girls recall my adventure with the Halloween Masked Myles hiding in the shower at your home.

Mike Olson said...

This must be why I'm not a fan of horror movies to this day!