Friday, April 27, 2012

The Unwedding


As many of you know I almost married the wrong guy. My wedding was scheduled, the invitations were sent out and the church was booked. About a month before the big day I got a call from a friend. She asked me what I loved about the guy I was going to marry and I had a hard time coming up with a list. I knew this was a bad sign. I called my dad and told him I was having doubts. He said,"Oh, Heather. This is just a big party that we are planning but being married is for the rest of your life. Let's make some calls and call it off. " He was so supportive and did not ever worry about the money we'd already spent. He told mom that the worst thing would have been to see me unhappy.

Thanks, dad, for your wisdom and calm in challenging situations. I always knew I could tell you anything and you'd understand. Steve is taking good care of me.

1 comment:

AmyO said...

Heather- that story made me cry. What an amazing gift you got from your dad. The gift of unconditional live and support...and I am so glad you ended up marrying Steve!