Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Bedtime Stories

I know most kids love bedtime stories. Many probably remember Goldlilocks, Hansel and Gretel and the Little Engine that Could but we were brought up with bedtime stories of a different nature. The protagonist of our stories was Speerno. Speerno was an eerie character who liked to roam around with his pet The Wolf. Most of the time the stories of Speerno only came out when mom was not around. ( I think dad must have sensed that mom would be a little nervous about a main character who liked to eat children for breakfast). Speerno roamed the woods between my Uncle Lyle's house and our house and watched for little children who were not listening. My sisters and I lived in fear of Speerno but like any good horror story we could not get enough of the details about him and his pet wolf. Dad indulged us, scared us silly, and then talked us down from our fear. I'll treasure your stories dad, even though they scared the liver out of me.

No comments: