Monday, May 21, 2012

Chief Irritant

I know these blog posts have been making my dad look like a saint but I'll let you in on a little secret. My dad had a gift for being extremely annoying. One of his favorite things to do was to wait until one of us was watching a sad movie and he noticed tears. Then he'd cry and wail loudly to irritate us. Another one of his tricks was to take a feather and rub it under our noses while we were sleeping. When I was little we even had a contest to see how long I could go without laughing. When mom was watching TV he'd creep up behind her and play with the back of her hair, hoping she thought it was a mouse. Then he'd sing, " Su-san don't bother me. Su-san don't bother me. Su-san don't bother me" until she got up and chased him out of the room. It's strange the funny things you miss. I'd give anything for a little fake crying or a feather under my nose.

No comments: