Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Ice fishing disaster

Today's story involves my first trip ice fishing. I was only around three years old and my mom was very nervous about letting me go with dad but he promised he'd watch me very carefully. We also had Uncle Ernie along for additional supervision. Those of you who knew Uncle EE know how much help he probably was.

I was wearing my blue and white sweatpants and sweatshirt ( always stylish) and we brought along a lot of snacks...integral to a good ice fishing adventure. I think the day went pretty well until after lunch when I started getting a little restless. My dad told me I should sit down and keep fishing but I kept running around and soon was up to my armpits in icy cold Lake of the Woods water. I spent the rest of the day in my underwear while my clothes dried. Dad tried to keep it a secret but when I arrived home I said, "Guess what mom? I fell in the ice hole."

No comments: