Sunday, May 13, 2012

Car Wash


I thought of my dad today because my van desperately needs a car wash. Having a clean car was kind of like a religion for my dad. Before we went to school we knew about armorall, whitewashing tires, and chamois clothes. The drill went something like this:
1. Drive car up to pumphouse.
2. Hose down car and get sprayed by dad who was sneakily wielding another hose.
3. Soap up car and dodge the spray from dad's hose as he rinsed.
4. Dry the car with insanely small chamois clothes.
5. Dry spots again because they did not meet inspection.
6. Park clean and shiny car in the yard and avoid driving the two miles of gravel for as long as possible so the car would actually remain clean.

I promise I'll take the car through the carwash tomorrow dad. I know it's not quite the same as doing it myself but it's still a clean car.

No comments: