Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Equality Principle

Today I went to a conference from Dr. Jim Knight on instructional coaching. He talked about the principle of equality and how important this is when you coach teachers. I got to thinking about my dad and how he practiced the equality principle each day. It did not matter to him if you were a Sentenced to Serve worker, a part timer, or the mayor. He saw each person as the same in how valuable they were and treated everyone with compassion and dignity. He was also the first person to give someone a second chance. This was very apparant as people came and visited at the prayer service. One man said, " I know you don't know me but I worked with your dad and he made me feel important and valued." Another said, " your dad always looked out for us part-timers and made sure we were being treated fairly." I was so proud as I listened to these stories and thought about the impact dad had made.

Dad, I'll try to live the equality principle each day and see the humanity in everyone as you did.

No comments: